Nick Clegg: A Liberal with Attitude
January 13, 2010 9:35 AM
Nick Clegg: setting out a Liberal agenda
In an interview with Attitude magazine published today, Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg sets out a strong Liberal Democrat line on LGBT rights - highlighting the Lib Dem's consistent lead on equality over many decades and and including calls to
- Force all schools - including faith schools - to implement anti-homophobia bullying policies and teach that homosexuality is "normal and harmless".
- Change the law to allow same-sex couples the same marital rights as mixed-sex couples, including the right to use the word "marriage" rather than maintaining the segregation of civil partnerships.
- Reverse the ban on gay and bisexual men, and female partners of bi men, being allowed to give blood.
- Guarantee any refugees genuinely fleeing a country because of persecution over their sexual orientation asylum in the UK.
- Review Uganda's membership of the Commonwealth if its government was to bring in the death penalty as proposed in the "Anti-Homosexuality Bill".
Printed (hosted) by Prater Raines Ltd, 98 Sandgate High Street, Folkestone CT20 3BY
Published and promoted by LGBT+ Liberal Democrats, 8-10 Great George Street, London SW1P 3AE
The views expressed are those of the publisher, not of the service provider.
Website designed and developed by Prater Raines Ltd, with modifications by LGBT+ Liberal Democrats